What I’m Writing
- discover terms like “milk eyes” (the blue or grey colour of newborns before they change colour) don’t actually exist outside of my own head;
- debate whether or not spices explode, and then what ‘explode’ actually entails (the Internet is non-conclusive, so we landed on that spices are highly flammable, and spice dust would catch fire really quickly, but that it doesn’t seem likely to blow up a building);
- and learn that while I’m a huge anime nerd so therefore know what a gundam/mecha is (and even ate gundam-shaped taiyaki at the Gundam Café in Tokyo), not everyone does and may need a little more description to understand the concept, especially since it is Fantasy and not Sci-Fi.
What I’m Researching
What I’m Reading
- Captive Prince 3: King’s Rising by CS Pacat. Worth the wait!
- One Glimpse by Lydia Gastrell, the second book in the m/m regency Indulgence series.
- The Secret Casebook of Simon Feximal and Think of England by KJ Charles. After reading A Seditious Affair, I embarked on a KJ Charles binge. The Secret Casebook is the supernatural Sherlock Homes. Think of England is a brilliant thriller set in 1907 England.
- 10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help That Actually Works by Dan Harris. He reminded me that a) I need to meditate more to learn to control the voices of shame and self-doubt in my head, and b) remember to focus on what I can do, rather than aiming for results that are out of my control (like what people say in their reviews, or how many books I sell. What’s important is what I do to get there.)